Sunday, January 1, 2012

Double-Knitting Scarf (an old unfinished project)

This new year's I have resolved to finish my unfinished projects.  Possibly because Craig keeps mentioning them when I want to start a new project.

This project is a double-knitted scarf pattern I found in The Knitter magazine a couple of years ago (my favorite knitting magazine, published in England). I got the beautiful yarn from Heindselman's, my favorite local yarn shop.



It's a men's scarf, and Craig won't wear scarves so I don't know who to give it to when it's done. I think that's part of why I put it away.  The other part is these little strips with the  runes are difficult because they're not a true negative image (if we did that the runes would appear inverted like you'd see through a mirror).  But I've noticed that I have nephews and brothers-in-law who wear scarves, so maybe one of them would like it.

I'm going to pull it out and I'm going to finish it!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Mary! This looks like the most intricate thing I've seen you do, but maybe the cross-stitch was harder. (?) I came home the night you showed it to me and ranted and raved to Maclane. I'm floored by it. It's beautiful. Maybe you could save it and give it to one of your boys as he goes off on his mission to Russia or something--and keep it as an heirloom. I'm so proud of you finishing it! And about the cute blanket...guess what...I got a sewing machine for Christmas! My sister is having a baby in June so I'm thinking about trying something like it. It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria!

    I made the blanket using a pattern book that I have. You're welcome to borrow it (and my rotary cutter and mat if you don't have one). It makes the project much easier (and it turns out better, I think).

    ReplyDelete